E-learning course, level 2 certified online chaperone training, ideal for nurses, doctors, NHS staff, cpd certified.
This online Chaperone for health and social care training course has been designed for those who might take the chaperoning role in the primary or social care environment.
This can include doctors, nurses, healthcare assistants, domiciliary carers or any additional member of a health care team who is involved in chaperoning patients as part of their role.
E-learning first aid course, what’s covered?
- Definition of a chaperone and intimate examination
- Current chaperone guidance
- Current GMC guidance for doctors, nurses, physiotherapists
- Current HCPC guidance for allied health professionals
- Who are suitable chaperones and should they be medically qualified?
- What makes an ideal chaperone and requirements
- The role and why and when would a chaperone be required?
- Dignity and respect
- Chaperone for children and young people
- When to offer a chaperone
- Local chaperone policies and dealing with patient requests
- What if the patient refuses a chaperone or if not one available
- Checklist for intimate examinations
- Before the examination
- What is valid consent, implied consent & expressed consent
- Key aspects of obtaining consent
- During and after the examination
- Where misunderstandings may occur in practice
- Confidentiality and patient information
- Caldicott principles and Data Protection
- Raising concerns and whistle blowing in practice
- Public interest and disclosure responsibilities
- Protection for healthcare workers
- Documentation and record-keeping
- Cases studies & key points to remember
- End of course assessment and certification.
On completion of this online chaperone training healthcare course you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass on your first attempt, you do not have to worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
This online healthcare professional chaperone training covers many training requirements & e-learning outcomes and on successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save and print your free chaperone training certificate.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.