E-learning training for the protection of infants and children, level 3 certified, online safeguarding ideal for music teachers, musicians & music education support staff.
This e-learning child protection course covers in depth topics on protecting children, but also young adults. This online training programme is relevant to any music teacher, or musician who works with or has children or young adults.
This level 3 online safeguarding children course is designed to give an introduction to safeguarding issues and to raise awareness of the signs of child abuse and neglect and our e-learning programme is an ideal learning platform for all musicians & music teachers offering music lessons.
E-learning protecting children, course, what’s covered?
- Understanding to what protecting children and young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the protection of vulnerable children and young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to the protection of young people
Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to families & guardians where concerns have been raised
- How to be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local social services and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- How to be aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this level 3 online safeguarding training course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass on your first attempt, do not worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need at no additional cost.
Once completed your free level 3 online safeguarding children training certification will be available for you to download & print from within your own secure training area.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally) and can also be used as annual safeguarding refresher training.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.