E-learning training for the protection and safeguarding of children and young adults, level 3 certified, ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses & receptionists, cpd certified child protection course.
This level 3 online safeguarding children course is ideal for dentist’s, dental nurses & hygienists, dental receptionists or any healthcare professional who may come into contact with a child or young person.
Our protecting children Level 3 online course is designed to give everyone an introduction to relevant safeguarding issues and to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect.
Who is this training course suitable for?
This level 3 safeguarding & child protection training online course programme is an ideal learning platform, which can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. It is an ideal learning solution and training platform for:
- Dentist’s & dental nurses
- Any dental staff member
- And more.
E-learning protecting training course, what’s covered?
- Understanding to what protecting children and young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the safeguarding of vulnerable children and young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to the protection of young people
Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to families/guardians where safeguarding concerns have been raised
- How to be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local safeguarding team and/or social services, and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- How to be aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this online safeguarding children training dentists course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%.
If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need at no additional cost.
Once completed free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download & print from within your own secure training area.
How often should dental professionals complete refresher safeguarding training, a question we are often asked.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally) and can also be used as annual safeguarding refresher training.
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.