E-learning training for the protection and safeguarding of children and young adults, level 2 certified programme, ideal for teachers, LSA’s, school support staff, cpd certified online child protection course.
This level 2 online safeguarding children course is an ideal training solution for school teachers, LSA’s & school support staff working with children, infants or young adults.
It is also an ideal learning platform for anyone who works within the education environment and would like to gain level 2 safeguarding children training certification.
Our e-learning protecting course is designed to give everyone who works, or has contact with a child or a young adult an introduction to safeguarding and to raise awareness of the key areas of abuse and neglect in a young child.
E-learning protecting children, course, what’s covered?
- Introduction to the fundamental principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why safeguarding is essential
- The Human Rights – The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Understanding of what safeguarding of a child means
- Awareness of vital safeguarding legislation
- Understand the standard terms used in safeguarding
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The ‘Toxic Trio’ concerning safeguarding of a child
- Awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- Awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of a child and young adult
- The risks of child trafficking
- Knowledge of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- The dangers to a child and a young person from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes about child protection & safeguarding
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understand your responsibilities in protecting a child or a young adult from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding safeguarding
On completion of this online safeguarding children training teachers you will be required to complete an assessment, which has a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Once completed free level 2 online safeguarding children course certification will be available for you to download and print from within your own secure training area.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.