E-learning training for the protection and safeguarding of children and young adults, level 2 certified programme, ideal for schools, school teachers, childminders, nursery staff, nannies and social care staff, nurses, doctors & healthcare professionals, cpd certified online child protection course.
This level 2 online safeguarding children course is aimed at childminders, nannies, school teachers, LSA’s working with children or young people. It is also ideal for nurses, doctors, dentists, dental surgery staff and all healthcare professionals and providers, or anyone works within the care of children and could potentially contribute to assessing and evaluating the needs of a child or young person.
Our e-learning protecting children Level 2 course is designed to give everyone who works, or has contact with children or young people an introduction to safeguarding and to raise awareness of the key areas of abuse and neglect in young children.
Who is this training course suitable for?
This level 2 child protection training online course programme is an ideal learning platform, which can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. It is an ideal learning solution not only for childcare nursery staff, but also is an ideal training platform for:
- Nursery assistants
- School Teachers & support workers
- Social workers
- Doctors & Nurses
- Dentists & dental surgery staff
- And more.
E-learning protecting children, course, what’s covered?
- Introduction to the fundamental principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why safeguarding children is essential
- The Human Rights of Children – The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Understanding of what safeguarding children means
- Awareness of vital safeguarding children legislation
- Understand the standard terms used in safeguarding children
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The ‘Toxic Trio’ concerning safeguarding children
- Awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- Awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of children and young people
- The risks of child trafficking
- Knowledge of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- The dangers (to children and young people) from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes about child protection, safeguarding children and young people
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understand your responsibilities in protecting children and young adults from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding the safeguarding of children
On completion of this safeguarding children online course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Once completed free level 2 online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area.
We offer many more additional e-learning training courses suitable for childcare, please follow this link to our Online Paediatric First Aid Training website.
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.