E-learning training for the protection and safeguarding of children and young adults, level 3 certified, ideal for schools, school teachers, childminders, nursery staff, nannies and social care staff, cpd certified online child protection course.
This level 3 online safeguarding children course is aimed at childminders, school teachers, nurses, doctors, dentists & healthcare professionals working with children or young people. It is also ideal for nannies, LSA’s, or anyone works within the care of children and could potentially contribute to assessing and evaluating the needs of a child or young person.
Our protecting children Level 3 course is designed to give everyone who works, or has contact with children or young people an introduction to safeguarding and to raise awareness of the key areas of abuse and neglect in young children.
Who is this training course suitable for?
This level 3 child protection training online course programme is an ideal learning platform, which can be completed at a time that is convenient to you. It is an ideal learning solution not only for childcare nursery staff, but also is an ideal training platform for:
- Childminders & nursery assistants
- School Teachers & support workers
- Social workers
- Nurses & Doctors
- And more.
E-learning protecting children, course, what’s covered?
- Understanding to what protecting children and young people means
- Child development and negative influences on it
- An awareness of the key legislation and guidance in relation to the safeguarding of vulnerable children and young people
- How to be aware of you own professional responsibilities, as well as those of your colleagues and partner organisations
- How to be able to document and report concerns relating to child abuse or maltreatment, including:
- Taking adequate history
- Performing a physical examination in ways that are deemed appropriate in line with current legislation relating to the protection of children and young people
Assessing parenting capacity
- The forms of abuse and signs of abuse
- Recognising and responding to abuse, with specific guidance on note taking and recording your concerns
- Meaningfully contribute to inter-agency assessments, as well as the gathering, sharing of information and where appropriate analysis of risk posed
- Work in partnership with others, including:
- Completing local reviews
- Including child death reviews
- Lessons learned from recent serious case reviews
- How to participate in inter-agency working and be supportive to vulnerable children and young children, and their families/guardians where safeguarding concerns have been raised
- How to be familiar with your local organisational protocols and referral processes to your local safeguarding team and/or social services, and how to minimise barriers in the referral process
- How to be aware of your information sharing responsibilities within and across multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this safeguarding children online course you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you do not pass on your first attempt, don’t worry, as you can re-take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Once completed free online safeguarding children course certification will be available as a download from within your own secure training area.
We offer many more additional e-learning training courses suitable for childcare, please follow this link to our Online Paediatric First Aid Training website.
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.